What is your favorite song in Monochrome?

Moderators: Poison Pimp, nataskaos, bornannoying

Postby setvak » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:57 am

It's pretty late, but I only got the album a couple weeks ago, so I've finally chosen my favorites, more or less. I can't decide which I like more, so I'll just list them in the order they appear on the album.

Brand New - the part starting at 1:27 is amazing, the guitar seems to match the lyrics as well (I don't mean vocal melody or anything like that, but rather the topic of desperation Page is shouting about)

Bury Me - Nice background vocals in the chorus, and I read in an interview that the "I'm alright" section at the end was added in before recording the song, good decision.

Money Shot - The title obviously caught my attention, and the band manages to maintain the tension throughout the whole song

Gone - I can understand the Unsung comparisons for this song, but it's still great on its own.

410 - Coming after the bewildering Howl, the opening blast has even more of an impact. It's the chorus that does it for me, especially "All night long".
setvak
Ambitious Upstart
Ambitious Upstart

Re: What is your favorite song in Monochrome?

Postby fnm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Brand new is really kickass...reminds me of good ol' Helmet. Nice drums too. Probably my favourite.

Money shot is a really good 'modern' Helmet song imo. I honestly think it's one of the best songs Page has written. If a bigger, more popular band wrote a song like this I could imagine it being a popular rock single. Really catchy chorus.
i'm not making sense, just ignore me...
fnm
Ambitious Upstart
Ambitious Upstart

Re: What is your favorite song in Monochrome?

Postby Jot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

Yeah, I agree on Brand New, best track. Unlike many others I also like the Killing Joke cover from the vinyl version.
You never go down fighting. You just go down.
Jot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Previous

Return to Monochrome