Work Song

General Helmet debate

Moderators: Poison Pimp, nataskaos, bornannoying

Work Song

Postby eht13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:05 am

BA (or anyone else)... do you know if the band has an ongoing relationship with Work Song, or if Seeing Eye Dog was a one-off type of thing? Just curious how it would work if there are any more new studio albums released in the future. I wonder if the band is technically on a label at this point or not.

Also, I take it that this site is still label-independent since the Warcon split, and is hosted by the band's management company?
eht13
Obsessive Compulsive
Obsessive Compulsive

Re: Work Song

Postby bornannoying » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 am

I don't know the details of the relationship, but Work Song is part-owned by their manager so I'd imagine the door's always open. My understanding was that they were using Work Song as a means of accessing physical distribution more than anything else, so I don't think they're "on a label" in the old-fashioned sense, if you see what I mean.

Yep, this site has been label free since the end of the Warcon days. In fact, it's so independent that the hosting company pulled the plug for a few days last year when Page's credit card expired.
bornannoying
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby eht13 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm

That makes sense, thanks. Haha, Page is actually paying hosting fees for the site directly? Kind of odd that he has to do that, I figured the management company would have it covered. Kind of cool that he cares enough about keeping it up, though.
eht13
Obsessive Compulsive
Obsessive Compulsive

Postby bornannoying » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:36 pm

eht13 wrote:Page is actually paying hosting fees for the site directly? Kind of odd that he has to do that, I figured the management company would have it covered.

He was, I don't know if it's still the case. It's often laughably crude behind the scenes of this site... We had a deadline to publish the last lot of tour dates. I happened to be on a train at the time with no internet, so I got off and sat outside a Macdonalds, struggling with their slow as fuck wifi until I managed to get them published. Thanks, Ronald.
bornannoying
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby UnsungHero » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Helmet's Wikipedia page and their Metal Archives page both state Work Song as Helmet's current label, so my guess is they're still on that label.
UnsungHero

Postby bornannoying » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:53 am

Far more likely it simply hasn't been updated on Wikipedia since their last album came out. Metal Archives probably got it from Wikipedia.
bornannoying
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Music