Wanna buy a kitchen? The latest on spam.

Requests, suggestions, problems...

Moderators: Poison Pimp, nataskaos, bornannoying

Wanna buy a kitchen? The latest on spam.

Postby bornannoying » Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 pm

In an effort to thwart our kitchen flogging friends, I bit the bullet and endured the pain that is updating phpBB. Hopefully it'll help. I've also been manually deleting offenders: if you spot any I've missed, do please let me know.

As new registrants are required to know what Helmet's 3rd album was, either bots these days have a curiously detailed knowledge of 90s rock or this stuff originates with actual people who think links from a rock band's forum will help sell kitchens. Whoever they are, they seem not to have noticed that links from the forum are rel="nofollow" and so don't pass value.
bornannoying
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wanna buy a kitchen? The latest on spam.

Postby eht13 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks as always for your work on the site, BA. I've found it funny how the great majority of the spambots here are indeed trying to sell kitchens. I've failed to come up with any idea as to why that's the case. :lol:
eht13
Obsessive Compulsive
Obsessive Compulsive

Re: Wanna buy a kitchen? The latest on spam.

Postby bornannoying » Wed May 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks. :) To be fair, I derive a lot of amusement from the apparent focus on grim, northern locations like Bolton. Actually, I got my my 2x10" vinyl copy of Betty and a bunch of live bootlegs at X Records in Bolton... maybe there's a connection.
bornannoying
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Forum