Torche

Heard something you think we'll like? Tell us!

Moderators: Poison Pimp, nataskaos, bornannoying

Torche

Postby scissorfight » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:22 am

I noticed a post about the band Floor a while ago...well, they essentially turned into the band Torche....which I think many Helmet fans would like. Pretty straight forward heavy rock, kind of stop and start style like Helmet, witch same kind of monotone harmony vocals like Page. Their selft titled release is a good one. Nothing mind blowing, just a pretty easy listening.

check it yo

http://www.myspace.com/torche
scissorfight

Re: Torche

Postby MilktoastAnTea » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 am

I love Torche and Floor. Torche released a new EP last month with 8 songs and a new album is in the works. Great band!
When your Born Annoying the Tic begins,tell me if you think its alright and oh yeah... where the hell does that manner end! HELMET of course!
MilktoastAnTea

Postby Jot » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am

The new album rules.

Received the vinyl yesterday, it comes with mp3 coupon, a lollipop colored slipmat and clear vinyl, looks great on the turntable. Sounds great too.
Some songs are available through their website http://www.torchemusic.com/discography/harmonicraft/
You never go down fighting. You just go down.
Jot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jot » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:37 am

Jot wrote:looks great on the turntable

Jot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby slave_guard » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Good album indeed. Harmonicraft was my first Torche album and most likely not my last. Got into it because I heard that their new guitarist was in Riddle of Steel before which is a well-oiled kickass machine and appreciated on my part.
slave_guard
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 pm

slave_guard wrote:Got into it because I heard that their new guitarist was in Riddle of Steel before which is a well-oiled kickass machine and appreciated on my part.

This would be Andrew Elstner, right? Then you really have to check out his other band 'Tilts' who released their debut (essentially a combination of their earlier EP's) just a few months ago via Robotic Empire. It's a great Rock'n'Roll record - it slaps a huge grin on my face whenever I listen to it. Check out some songs on their bandcamp: http://tilts.bandcamp.com/
Jot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Return to Recommendations