Try Some Fu Manchu

Heard something you think we'll like? Tell us!

Moderators: Poison Pimp, nataskaos, bornannoying

Try Some Fu Manchu

Postby astro13 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:12 am

This is a absolutely kick ass Cali band started around the time of Strap it On.The original band was Kyuss that basically split into Queens of the Stone Age & Fu Manchu.When I'm not listening to Helmet, this band lays it down killer.I would start with their album"The action is go"Just like the mighty,mighty Helmet, this band changed my life--rock on friends!
astro13

Re: Try Some Fu Manchu

Postby astro13 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:32 am

Also a kick ass West Virginia band-Karma to Burn-no vocalist-but just listen to the massive sound these guys lay down!
astro13

Postby slave_guard » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Double-agreed. I'm not a fan of We Must Obey and SIgns of Infinite Power (they really disappointed me, in fact), but I dig everything from The Action Is Go to Start The Machine. Good car music.

If you like Karma To Burn, are you familiar with Year Long Disaster? It seems both bands have merged because YLD's singer is now 2nd guitarist for KTB and most likely KTB will have a considerable lot of more songs with vocals. As much as I like both bands, I hope they will remain two separate entities.
slave_guard
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Sebastian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I saw yesterday Fu Manchu live, it was awesome, finally in Poland, they are on the European Tour, just a few shows left, don't miss it Europe !
Sebastian

Return to Recommendations